Ok so I’m starting to look for a way to do these comics regularly – to help with this I’ve joined Tumblr to run an “Ask Muddy” type of blog to encourage activity.
for for my first response I give your the following comic. It didn’t appear as good as I hoped on the tumblr site but I think with some adjustments future posts will turn out better. (I might go back to it to fix the pics up later)
Oh and “Vera” gets to make an appearance in my comic – so now it’s not all just one character now. More characters may appear in later episodes.
My comic is also posted on:
Tumblr “ask” blog: http://mudslinger-ning.tumblr.com/
This post is a response to Strawberry Singh’s regular Monday Meme challenge. This week’s challenge was to make a movie poster theme for your avatar. I must say I sure have a number of ideas brewed up to meet this challenge – but only a limited amount of time to do it all. I may later make more posters but here is my first quickly rushed attempt.
Full size available at DeviantArt
It took me a while to make it but it seems to have turned out ok for a rushed attempt at roughly copycatting a movie poster. And it was also convenient that two of my VERA robot avatars already had their TRON outfits pre-arranged so setting up the main screenshot was greatly sped up.
“Wait mister!… Why you no buy???”
I’ve been recently addicted to a little game called Towns.
A recent update seems to be causing a transaction issue when you trade resources with the merchants that pass through the town.
Screenshot above is of a Towns Merchant Fleeing the Scene while my villagers are strill trying to give him merchandise.
Posted in relation to a glitch mentioned in the forums.
I figured I’d make this post to join the bandwagon for a meme I saw via Google+. started by Strawberry Singh.
Basically it’s a simple little questionnaire about one’s Second-Life identity.
So here goes my version:
- What’s your SL name? Mudslinger Ning
- What made you choose this name? “Mudslinger was a carryover from a character I had when once playing the online game “Anarchy Online” where my character was a martial artist who didn’t need to weigh his hands down with weapons. The “Ning” surname I picked kinda fitted best at the time because it felt like there was some connection with the “Knights of Ni!” (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
- What’s your SL nickname, or what do most people call you? (if applicable) I am often called “Mud” or “Muddy”
- What’s your SL display name? Why do you choose to have one? (if applicable) Muddy – because it now feels simpler and opens more opportunity for new people I meet to not need to say the whole name in conversation.
- Do you like your SL name? Yes
- If you could change your SL name, what would it be? Right now I don’t want to change it.
- What’s the craziest/funniest SL name you’ve ever seen? I have seen so many but one that sticks in my mind is “Whowants Mayo” (which was actually created by a local RL friend) – otherwise just look in the people directory for anyone with the “Sideways” surname and you’ll be giggling for a while…
- What’s the coolest (your favourite) SL name you’ve ever seen? Do I really have to pick a favourite? I can’t seem to pick out a specific one…
You can read other people’s responses via the comments on [this link]
And in some recent shenanigans I made this avatar pictured below just for the sake of messing with the name – I don’t really like the guy (apart from a couple of songs) but for some reason I had the urge to create it.